Saturday 14 May 2016

M&S Spirit of Summer Pina Colada Mocktail Popcorn

The packaging for this exotic Pina Colada popcorn is very minimal. You can see the actual label is very small indeed. Smaller than some clothing labels.

I bought the popcorn because when I mentioned having seen it, History Graduate taste tester got a little excited. Don't know why he didn't buy a bag for himself but perhaps it is my duty to supply the nasty sounding popcorn. I say nasty sounding because I don't like coconut at all so I've never tried a Pina Colada.

Interestingly most of the reluctant taste testers were not put off by the coconut, but by the pineapple. Which I rather like.  I must say even the aroma of coconut really put me off. And although each individual (apparently beautifully puffed) corn kernel has little bits of freeze dried pineapple gummed to it by the tasty "Mocktail" flavouring, it also has desiccated coconut. Which I particularly dislike. So I confess I could not bring myself to try.

The Chef likes coconut though. And he reports this popcorn is OK. The popcorn crunch is just right and he's not bothered by the sweetness of the pineapple.

Half the packet, which I take to be about 100g, was finished by the taste testers but I suspect that this was possibly due to the presence of Extremely Senior Volunteer taste tester who is an adventurous eater and will eat virtually anything. Or so it seems.

Half the packet was eaten by the Chef. So if you like coconut and think you may have similar tastes to the Chef, this may be a fun alternative popcorn choice for you. Sadly not for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment