Wednesday 11 May 2016

How to Make the Perfect Crisps (Courtesy of The Guardian)

A slightly different post today: here's a page from The Guardian newspaper.

Each week in the Guardian Felicity Cloake reads a bunch of different recipes for... say... Spaghetti Bolognaise, Lemon Meringue Pie, or Salad Niçoise. And then she sticks all the best bits together to form what she feels is the prefect recipe. It's an interesting read even if you are not a mad keen cook.

And this week, she makes potato crisps. Click on the link. The recipe looks so much better in colour, and the comments are fun to read.

I have yet to try this.  Mostly because I don't have a mandolin, and deep fat frying makes the kitchen so filthy. But I must say these genuinely hand cooked crisps do sound good. I think I would probably only add salt.

No comments :

Post a Comment