Saturday 9 July 2016

Walkers Baked Cheese & Onion

You might think this Walkers Baked crispy snack was a potato crisp. but it isn't. It's a crispy snack made from potato flakes instead of slices of potato. And I wonder if that's why all the flavour seems to be on the surface of the snack.

I felt that I could lick all the flavour off the crispy snack and be left with a nothingy crunch. And Tech taste tester said as much too. Not that the flavour is bad - because it isn't. It just somehow doesn't seem to permeate the snack.

Nice crunch, a little hard perhaps, a very strong aroma of cheese & onion,, and an attractive cheese and onion taste. Oh, and a slightly ridgy texture. I liked these a lot. Tech taste tester told me he loves Walkers Baked (despite being able to lick all the flavour off); and I can see why.

I didn't get too many other comments from the reluctant taste testers. The 70% less fat and the baked-ness doesn't seem to be an issue. But I did get an empty bowl. Which is always a sign of approval.
And so today we say "so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!" to History Graduate taste tester. Farewell forever (possibly; because he's left us 5 times before). Thanks for many insightful comments on crisps and crispy snacks (and real world events too). The reluctant taste testers are sure that History Graduate will be running the world in short order, or possibly running a radio show which is what he seems to want to do. And to remember him here is a link to a song he reminded me I really like: Budapest by George Ezra. The Chef likes it too.

And here is the little guy throwing his rubbish away responsibly on the back of the packet. I'm sorry but I cannot remember if we have seen this little guy before. Even if we have, he's a pretty good one. Or is he a she with very short hair? It's hard to say isn't it?

No comments :

Post a Comment