Monday 25 July 2016

Ital Food Bruschetta Maretti Spinach & Cheese

Well, some of the reluctant taste testers didn't try this interesting snack because it was green.

Green! I mean, what's the matter with green food you cry? Spinach, for example, is green. What other colour would you expect?

The trouble is that I often don't tell the reluctant taste testers what's in the bowl in the kitchen and this can lead to horror or disaster if they snack on something unexpected.

However, while this crispy snack is undeniably green (on one side of the paper only) and it does taste kind of green, it's a sort of garlicky, maybe pestoey green. Quite nice and quite different. Again I found it at the new and improved food shop just down the road from where I live.

So some of the taste testers missed out. And some of the taste testers finished the bowl thinking it rather a tasty snack.

It would be nice to think that the spinach content in this crispy snack was one of my 5 a day. I suspect not although recommended quantities of fruits and vegetables do seem to vary quite a bit. And some of the quantities do seem a little unreasonable: I was making a salad for dinner the other day and the bag the lettuce came in told me one of my 5 a day was.... a lettuce. A whole lettuce! I couldn't eat one whole lettuce in a day let alone five of them.

No comments :

Post a Comment