Saturday 30 July 2016

Seabrook Lattice Hand Cooked Crisps Sea Salt & Red Wine Vinegar

Well, the reluctant taste testers very much enjoyed the sea salt version of this lattice cut crisp, and I think they enjoyed this sea salt & red wine vinegar version too. Only not so much. Quite a lot of people don't like salt & vinegar as a flavour; the Chef doesn't care for it much nor Senior taste tester I think.

I remember liking the sea salt crisps a lot but I wasn't so taken with this crisp. The salt & vinegar flavour is quite subtle, not harsh as so often, and a very nice crunch. But I thought this crisp was a little bit greasy.

However, I don't want you to run away with the idea that this was not a nice crisp. The reluctant taste testers snapped up two large bowlsful of this tasty crispy snack (not really a crisp because of the lattice structure) with no trouble at all. And nobody mentioned any greasiness so possibly that's just me. One or two of the taste testers as I say, like the Chef, aren't mad for salt & vinegar as a flavour, but still this crispy snack was, er, snacked up enthusiastically.

Lovingly made in Yorkshire, and very nice too. Just not so good (in my opinion) as the sea salt flavour.


No comments :

Post a Comment