Thursday 17 September 2015

Walkers Pops Original

I tried Walkers Pops Melted Cheese & Crispy Bacon back in March. I thought they were very nasty. I even put them on my list of crispy snacks I really didn't like. It's hard to say from what I've written exactly what I disliked so much. But obviously it wasn't a good taste.

But recently (yes, you've guessed: at a motorway service station) I found a little packet of "Original" flavour Pops. And they are extremely tasty.

A nice crunch (a little hard but not too much), and a lovely salty, cheesy flavour. Not too strong but just about right on the taste front. The reluctant taste testers and I liked these a lot. I wonder why the Melted Cheese and Crispy Bacon version is so nasty.

Pops are air popped with a full on taste and 50% less fat. Or so the packet tells me. They're not fried, they're air popped! Which means you get all the great Walkers taste with 50% less fat (than standard potato crisps on average).

And as I said, we liked them a lot.

You can see the little guy throwing his rubbish away responsibly if you click the link to the Melted Cheese & Crispy Bacon flavour.

No comments :

Post a Comment