Friday 3 June 2016

Yorkshire Crisps Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Chutney

I was due to meet kind bloggy friend Alan at a lunch party (for which we arrived terribly late: traffic jams .... what can you do?) and he lives in Yorkshire. So I asked him if he would very kindly bring me some Yorkshire Crisps because I tried them in pre-blog days and was impressed, but have not been able to find them since.

Anyway, Alan said yes of course but it turns out it was a more difficult task than he had supposed. Now I may get the details wrong here (if so I apologise) but it seems that daughter-in-law suggested trying the canteen or cafe at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield. That's in Yorkshire not Alabama or Ohio. Obvs.

And indeed it was not Alan who purchased four special packets of crisps for me but his GLW. And to my shame I totally forgot to ask how much I owed her. I dare say there will be a way to pay her back in due course.

So here we are on a road trip to Minchinhampton, Tetbury and Snowshill in Gloucestershire, and tomorrow onwards and upwards to Derbyshire.  So naturally I bought a new crisp bowl and the Chef and I tried this first crispy flavour from Yorkshire.

Pretty good. We really liked this delicate flavour. It sounds as though it's going to be a great big strong flavour but it is much more sophisticated than that. And not too oniony. Nice crunch too.

Photos will have to follow later as I am having computer issues this week. But not crisp issues. Very nice.

No comments :

Post a Comment