Monday 6 June 2016

Propercorn Fiery Worcester Sauce & Sun-Dried Tomato Popcorn


Wow! this popcorn is extremely good. I tried Propercorn Sour Cream and Chive last November and to be honest I thought it tasted of washing up liquid but friends had other ideas. Yes, I didn't like the flavour at all but obviously that was just me. Anyway you can read about that here.

So (bravely) and because Waitrose had this flavour on special I thought I'd try it. And I'm impressed. Very nice. Yum. Lovely and a very hot tomatoey flavour. Indeed, quite fiery. A bit more fiery than I would usually go for but somehow this popcorn is extremely moreish.

I tried a bowl on the reluctant taste testers at work and the popcorn was suddenly (as the snow from the desert's dusty face) gone. I tried a second bowl and that disappeared too. So a definite success.

It's very nice popcorn. You can see from the photograph that there is a fair amount of flavour dust going on here. Lots of cayenne and pimento pepper probably. The crunch is a little bit soft but that's OK. And, impressively, there are very few unpopped kernels. It definitely qualifies for a yum.

96 calories per serving, gluten and wheat free, suitable for vegetarians. Oh, and made in the UK.

Very pleased that I tried this popcorn. I like the packaging better than the Sour Cream and Chive flavour too.


There's an article on the BBC website today about Propercorn so I'm going to repost these thoughts (first posted on 5th March 2014)..

No comments :

Post a Comment