Wednesday 15 June 2016

Willy Chase's Fit Corn Cider Vinegar

I found this popcorn at the Gloucester Services on the M5. Yes, road trip! Although the motorway and A roads were so clogged with traffic we took to the B roads as soon as we could. And weirdly no-one else did. Which was really odd as there was no traffic but us.

Anyhow, the fabulous Farm Shop at Gloucester Services has all sorts of goodies on sale. And so I picked up a couple of packets of crispy snack.

This popcorn was made in a kitchen on a farm in Herefordshire. Make a Difference, Be Fit & Hooy, You Are What You Eat. Wo... eat local, fresh, seasonal veg, exercise lots and avoid fatty snacks (& twee stories) says the packet.

Free from gluten, frying, wheat, peanuts, dairy, MSG, GM/Frankenstein, Twee Stories, Guilt says this popcorn packet. Although I can't help feeling you would not expect to find some of these (dairy or wheat for example) in a packet of popcorn.

The reluctant taste testers were not mad for this Cider Vinegar popcorn. I quite liked it. The popcorn itself seems nicely popped and has a good fluffy texture and I quite liked the cider vinegar flavour which is not too sharp and seemed to me to be quite well achieved. I think perhaps that the others were expecting something different.

It is interesting how your expectations affect your reaction to a taste. As I say, I quite liked this; the rest of the reluctant taste testers not so much.

No comments :

Post a Comment