Saturday 23 April 2016

Burton's Daily Fish'n'Chips Curry Sauce

What? Curry sauce?? Oh dear. I didn't fancy that.

And how wrong I was.

The reluctant taste testers and I have tried two Burton's Fish'n'Chips flavours before: Pickled Onion and Salt & Vinegar. But I don't think we were expecting Curry Sauce. And most of us were fairly impressed. Including Architectural taste tester who hardly ever comments because she's not a massive crispy snack fan. But she admitted that she really liked these little fish- and chip-shaped biscuity snacks rather a lot. I caught her snacking in the kitchen more than once. Unprecedented!

I confess I was expecting a strong curry flavour (hence the doubt) but although the initial flavour is certainly curry, you then get a wonderful and quite unexpected citrus burst. Really quite delicious. The curry and the citrus work very well.

Tasty.

No comments :

Post a Comment