Monday 17 October 2016

M&S Christmas Maple Bacon Tortilla Rolls

This is an interesting shape for a crispy snack. It's new to me so obviously I had to try it out.
 
And with what result? Well, I didn't terribly like the almost barbecue-like taste. I didn't feel these little tortilla rolls tasted of maple bacon. And you know I often don't like barbecue as a flavour.
 
However, most of the reluctant taste testers have no issues with barbecue as a flavour and in fact Slightly Red Haired Bristolian taste tester was particularly keen. She tells me she just loves barbecue flavour.
 
I think the main issue was that the rolls are rather dry. You could combat that in a heartbeat with a dip of course but you shouldn't have to.
 
The tortilla rolls are also rather brittle so there were quite a lot of broken bits in the packet. But the tortillas have to be fine or by the time you'd rolled it up it would be impossible to bite through. So I guess that's just something you have to put up with.
 
Not bad. And certainly different.

No comments :

Post a Comment