So you have to throw the packet away. Hence the importance of the little guy throwing his rubbish away responsibly; with any luck reminding you to make sure os the nearest bin when you have finished your snack.
Not noticed the little guy? Take a look at the back of your next packet of crisps and see if it has a little guy.
If your crisps are made by Walkers, chances are there will be a little guy, and even better Walkers will have commissioned a nice design to reflect the style of crispy snack.
So how can I direct you attention to these little guys? Take a look. There are quite a lot to choose from I know, and I can't make you look at them all, but they are all different.
1. Walkers Doritos Ultimate Cheeseburger which was part of a shootout (as it were) to decide between Cheeseburger flavour and Spicy Salsa. And the "little guy" design is great; the little guy is weighing up a triangle against a .... well it looks awfully like a slice of toast. Seems a bit weird but I'm not going to argue.
Walkers Baked Cheese & Onion I can't make up my mind whether or not this little guy is in fact a woman. The hair is very short, but the body shape is less manly than usual. Anyway, this little guy has been used for more than one style of crisp. This is a Tear'n'Share packet.
Walkers Quavers Cheese Flavour Everyone knows light and fluffy Quavers. And here's the little guy sitting on a floating fluffy quaver. Great!
4. Walkers Max Flamin' Hot has a slightly odd little guy. For reasons best known to Walkers, he is chucking the packet into the bin backwards, over his shoulder.
This came from a discontinued Walkers brand called Red Sky.
Walkers Baked Hoops and Crosses Roast Beef has a completely different style of little guy based entirely on the shape of the snack.
6.Walkers French Fries Ready Salted is a long thin snack.... so the little guy is very long and thin
Where did this guy come from? I can't remember now. Juggling little guys is time consuming and not a little confusing!
7. Walkers Sunbites Sour Cream (and cracked black pepper) Flavour has a little guy with a halo! These crispy snacks may be better for you than some but I'm not sure they quite deserve a halo.
8. and Mega Monster Munch Pickled Onion obviously has monster throwing his rubbish away responsibly. Because that's what monsters do.
9. Walkers Baked Wotsits Really Cheesy Who is throwing away the bag here? A mouse! Of course.
Walkers Bugles Southern Style BBQ bugles are triangular bugle shapes so naturally the rubbish bin on this packet is triangular.
Walkers Deep Ridged Salt & Malt Vinegar And here a climber in search of a bin. Because Walkers Deep Ridged crisps are so steeply ridged you probably ought to rope yourself to a group of experienced climbers in order to better enjoy them.
Finally, here's an example of a little guy from a multi pack of Walkers Crinkles. Why is this guy bending his knees do you suppose? I can't answer that, but I can point out that he has his sleeves rolled up.
It would be nice to think that printing this little image on crisp packets would encourage snackers not to throw the empty packets on to the pavement or stuff them into the nearest hedge. Sadly local evidence would suggest otherwise. We are lucky enough to have hard working street sweepers. But I notice there are all too many crisp packets to be swept up.
And here's a picture of Tall taste tester. Actually I was photographing this beautiful tunnel at Kings Cross station but he boldly leapt into the shot just as I was about to click. Anyone else reminded of the Man from Uncle? Not Tall taste tester - the tunnel itself!