Friday 30 September 2016

Vico Monster Munch Goût Ketchup

Another Monster Munch flavour from Vico. Someone asked if this is a Hallowe'en crisp. I think not. I think French Monster Munch are always this shape, and I rather like it. I find UK Monster Munch too big for comfort but these are just right and with quite a different texture.

The crunch is just right too, and the flavour not a bad version of ketchup. You can see Vico want you to think this is a Heinz ketchup flavour but the bottle on the pack doesn't say Heinz. I guess you can see by the colour of this crispy snack that there's something tomatoey going on.

I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped to be by this crispy snack but Slightly Red Haired Bristolian taste tester told me she was definitely a fan. And certainly the reluctant taste testers ate most of the packet without really noticing. That's the mark of a subtly tasty crispy snack. The Chef quite liked them too. Nicely ketchuppy; I thought it could be a better flavour but that's just me being really picky.

Tasty, though. And cheerful. You can't ask for more really.
And I went to a party the other night at a place where you aren't supposed to take any photographs. How could I resist the lock on the loo door? It's all modern on the inside with Dyson hand dryers and everything but this is the most beautiful lock plate (I think that's the technical term) I ever saw. Isn't that great?

No comments :

Post a Comment