Sunday 15 November 2015

Tesco Finest Limited Edition Brie & Cranberry Crisps

Although the packaging doesn't say so I imagine this Limited Edition crisp was launched with the Christmas market in mind. Tesco seem to be very good at producing Christmas crisps.  I wonder how long this has been going on? I have always enjoyed a packet of crisps but before I started writing this blog I don't think I noticed the seasonal flavours. Of course that doesn't mean very much but as I say, I do wonder when this seasonal crisp thing began.

Of course these crisps are large, of course they have a terrific crunch and of course there's a lot of flavour dust. Not quite so sure about the flavour.

Creamy French Brie with the tart yet sweet taste of juicy cranberries says the packaging (and I do quite like the packaging design). Well the recipe includes Brie powder and the oddly unspecific cheese powder. Plus cranberry juice powder, and dried blueberry flakes. Why the blueberry? I have noticed random added blueberry in other crisp recipes (don't ask me which ones because of course I can't remember) and it would be interesting to know why it is so important to add this fruit to crisps.

So anyway, the recipe does seem to have all the right ingredients. And I really do love a good Brie but I never would have thought to serve it with cranberries. Is that usual?

As I write I'm about to go downstairs for some crispy French bread and Brie but we don't have any cranberries (I don't think we ever have any cranberries) so I can't attempt this recipe / serving suggestion. Call me old-fashioned but I don't think I would if I could.

These crisps do taste kind of cheesy. But it's the wrong sort of cheese. I don't really think the Brie flavour works very well. Not convinced.

Made from Lady Rosetta potatoes grown in a field called Lime Kiln 3.

No comments :

Post a Comment