Tuesday 24 October 2017

Lay's Gourmet Jambon de Pays Très Croustillant

My interest in all sorts of fancy crisp flavours was damaged some years ago by a disgusting ham flavoured crisp. So I am always dubious. But this here Jambon de Pays (country ham) flavour is pretty impressive. Maybe they are made from a better quality ham?

Nice crisps, quite crunchy, good (although quite salty) ham taste. Cliffs of Moher taste tester (she's also new) thought this crisp was pretty amazing. And I gather she is a connoisseur of Irish crisps. Apparently there's a big difference between Irish crisps and Northern Irish crisps which, she tells me, I have yet to experience.

The Chef and I tried Lay's Gourmet Nature when we were in France last month and thought extremely highly of them, so Lay's Gourmet is obviously a brand to look out for. In France though.

2 comments :

  1. Yum. Those actually sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reluctant taste testers certainly thought they were. Sadly not available in this country.

      Delete