Friday 27 October 2017

Ardens Swirls Garlic & Parsley

These little pastry swirls are very tasty!
Extraordinarily tasty says the little box, layers of puff pastry entwined with garlic and parsley, dare to be different. 

Well, I definitely plan to be different if that includes eating this tasty crispy snack. Not perhaps quite as crispy as I would like but I think the taste makes up for that. Yum! Of course if they were ultra crispy and I was offered them at, say, a cocktail party (because obviously as a celebrity food writer I go to loads of swanky parties), I would for sure drop a mass of crumbs down my frock. So perhaps not so crispy is the way to go.

Are you a fan of Chicken Kiev? I am. The buttery filling is made with garlic and parsley. Something that didn't occur to me when I decided to buy this little packet. But as soon as you try, the flavour is obvious. I think it works well. And the Chef says "mmmnn..."

I bought this on special at Waitrose High Street Ken. Using one of their friendly self service tills that don't expect you to be right-handed and don't lecture you on where to put your shopping bag.

No comments :

Post a Comment