![]() |
| Photo stolen from The Guardian |
OK everyone, strap yourselves in for this article about crazy flavour crisps published in The Guardian newspaper this week.
I was having a cup of tea with my neighbours (who are the only people on the planet capable of making me drink tea), and for some reason was explaining that I write this blog about crisps and crispy snacks. And they said: well perhaps I should offer to write an article for The Guardian. I explained that over the years I have posted a number of articles about crisps that have appeared all over the place: Daily Mail, The Guardian… I can’t remember, all sorts.
So writing about crisps is nothing new. I mean, you knew that. Nobody has ever heard of me, but more than a million people have read my blog. And continue to read it. I am also well aware that blogs are old fashioned and I should maybe get myself a substack: but I have even been referenced by Wikipedia! Woohoo!
Anyhow, the very next day who should publish a piece about weird flavoured crisps but The Guardian. Coincidence? Alternative universe? Who can say. And here’s the link.
Do read it, because some of these crisps sound utterly bonkers. You know I have attempted many different flavours over the years for your entertainment and delight, but some of these I have never come across.
I think this reviewer has been asked to review too many flavours all at once and has been overwhelmed by the incredible amount of flavours available to us these days. Frankly far too many. Honestly, I think in the end I really like Ready Salted best. If it’s done well it’s hard to beat it.

No comments :
Post a Comment