Friday 27 July 2018

TGI Fridays Potato Skins Snacks Baby Back Ribs

Well this is a strange one and no mistake.

It's a pretend potato skin (basically what you get when you bake a potato in the oven and scoop out all the tasty white flesh). And in many countries you eat the skin or throw it away - your choice - but it's not a dish that anyone would buy. But in the USA it seems to be a snack food. You take a potato skin and load it with grated cheese and bacon and stuff.

But this is a completely pretend potato skin. So pretend it's made with maize and tapioca (from the cassava root) as well as potato starch and potato flakes. And since it's an American product it's also chock full of MSG, dextrose, maltodextrin, potassium chloride and other non European stuff. So not a huge potato content it seems.

One of the reluctant taste testers told me that Baby Back Ribs is a Justin Timberlake song. That'll be Baby Come Back I think. But you can enjoy this interesting TV commercial  for Chilis Baby Back Ribs Sauce from Justin and NSYNC if you fancy.

I confess I din't like the rather dull bite of this not so crispy snack. And I wasn't mad about the flavour either but somehow the entire packet got snacked up.

Managerial taste tester, who as we know hardly ever comments, was not impressed at the design or shape of this snack. And I agree it is perhaps not the most alluring snack ever.

I confess I don't get why you would market a faux potato skin crispy snack. I guess it's just not to my taste.

No comments :

Post a Comment