Sunday 26 August 2018

Tasto Seaweed Korean Style Sauce

Here's another packet of crisps specially imported by Still a Student for the reluctant taste testers and me. All the way from Thailand. I'm really impressed she managed to bring home 6 packets of crisps without any of them exploding in her luggage (it's worth stuffing your crisps into a ziplock bag for the flight if you're worried about this scenario). I'm also impressed she had the room for 6 packets of crisps!

I'm told Still a Student has yet to sample any of these crisps, so here goes on the second choice.

This crisp was a great hit with the taste testers who like seaweed. Tall Elegant taste tester was very taken with the flavour but Cliffs of Moher and I were not. But then we aren't seaweed fans. Personally, I thought the taste was just horrid. Just like taking a mouthful of beach. But as I said, the seaweed fans amongst us enjoyed this 75g packet quite a bit.

I have battled with google translate, and I think I can assure you that Thai for potato มันฝรั่ง does appear on the packet. However, I am slightly hampered by knowing nothing of the Thai language or culture (no, I've not been), and the way the translation software takes out all the gaps between the words in my English text. Still, finding มันฝรั่ง is a bit of a triumph.

No, not for me but yes for others.

Apparently Tasto's signature crisp flavours are Crab Curry, Pla Sam Rod and Salt & Sour.

No comments :

Post a Comment