Monday 20 August 2018

Walkers Max Strong Jalapeño & Cheese

These extra hot crinkle cut crisps from British crisp giant Walkers are described as being "perfect with beer".  I don't know about that as I only drink beer as a last resort, but it does seem that these crisps are (probably) aimed at men. The black packet, the beer glass shape in the middle of the O of the word Strong, and the go faster flames.

Now the reluctant taste testers haven't tried one of Walkers' Max Strong flavours (unless under their own steam and not reported back to HQ), but the Chef and I tried the Chilli & Lime on a plane to Geneva. I said then that I wasn't encouraged to try the Jalapeño & Cheese version. But apparently I forgot and here it is.

"Extra hot" says the blurb above an image of three red flames. And extra hot is right. Only two of the taste testers (including me) noticed the cheese part of the flavour. It comes first before the huge whack of chilli.

Tall Elegant taste tester choked at the first hurdle and coughed and spluttered to a glass of water. The rest of us managed a little better, and most of the 50g packet was snacked up.

I quite liked the flavour. As did taste tester from the New Forest. But we agreed we'd have liked it better if the heat had not been quite so intense.

They really are much too strong.

No comments :

Post a Comment