Wednesday 29 August 2018

Regent's Park Lady Chips Melange Thai

Hmmn.... I discovered the packet of crisps in a French motorway service station. Of course I did. This is a packet of crisps purporting to be British, may even English. Regents Park is of course in London. And they are indeed made in the UK. But I can't help feeling this is a giant French con.

I don't really know what sort of mix of flavours Melange Thai is supposed to be, but I am pretty sure it includes lemongrass. Thai food is frequently described as fragrant and I think you could possibly describe these crisps like that. But not in a good way.

Like an old lady's bathsalts said Tall taste tester grumpily. And I can see what he means. There's not so much a taste here as a fragrance.

And as Cliffs of Moher taste tester pointed out; the crisps themselves aren't very nice.

Amazing crunch by lovely farmers it says on the packet. Very sorry but no.

This is a rare example of a crisp aimed directly at women. But Lady Crisps. Really?

No comments :

Post a Comment