Monday 6 August 2018

Co-op Limited Edition Irresistible Hand Cooked Gourmet Burger Crinkle Cut Crisps

Blimey that's a great big long name for a simple packet of crisps!

Irresistible? maybe; Hand Cooked? I'm sure; crinkle cut? obviously; Limited Edition? well, who knows? Depends how popular this crisp flavour turns out to be.

And I'm not sure how popular a burger flavour crisp that don't really taste of burgers will be.

Cheeseburger flavour is easier to replicate than plain burger I think. You have the cheese, the distinctive mustard and the pickle. With plain burger flavour, which is what we have here, we seem to have just the pickle flavour.

Specially selected potatoes grown in Herefordshire, hand cooked in small batches (I wish I knew how small that actually is) and seasoned with Aberdeen Angus beef, Monterey Jack cheese, tomato, dill pickle and a hint of chilli says the packet. Why Monterey Jack I wonder? It's not a cheese you normally get in the UK.

This is a lovely crisp with a great crunch. Noble Friend told me she liked it because - well, "you know I like that flavour". Others of the reluctant taste testers snacked in quite enthusiastically so that only a tiny proportion of the packet was ferried home for the Chef to try. I was happy to eat this crisp... but disappointed that the flavour is mainly dill pickle.

Quite tasty. The Chef thinks "not bad" (you know how picky he is. But not burger flavour whatever the packet blurb tells me.

No comments :

Post a Comment