Thursday 9 August 2018

Co-op Onion Rings

I never realised I liked onion ring crispy snacks until recently because I never eat actual onion rings. But I find the fake onion ring snack is actually pretty tasty.

And this is a good example. Slightly oddly made with maize, wheat and rice. But I notice that increasingly crispy snacks (as opposed to potato crisps) are made with an odd selection of ingredients. I wonder what task the rice performs in making this snack?

Good crunch. Good oniony taste. One of the reluctant taste testers thought the taste lingered too long - but really, what did she expect?

Not gourmet but tasty. I ate quite a lot. The taste testers all (mostly) ate quite a lot. None of these tasty onion rings made it home for the Chef to try.

But the Co-op is just round the corner and open late so he can rush out and buy some more if he feels fretful.

No comments :

Post a Comment