Tuesday 15 May 2018

M&S BBQ Sausage & Smokehouse Ketchup Hand Cooked Crisps

This is a flashback to the complicated crisp days of History Graduate taste tester with the fancy recipe flavour. Well, perhaps not a fancy recipe, but definitely lots going on in the flavour department. Rather more than I would tolerate in a home cooked dinner. I might be OK with a barbecued sausage but I wouldn't want barbecue flavour, and I am very fussy about my ketchup. It's got to be Heinz tomato ketchup and no messing.

I don’t know, and the reluctant taste testers don’t know why crisp developers go for so many complicated flavours. Honestly, and you might be surprised how many conversations we have about crisps (or perhaps you wouldn't) so we've done a major survey and most people prefer the simple flavours. Myself I usually like plain salted best.

OK, so here we were confronted with this fancy sausage flavour.

Which I didn’t like that much. Which you probably won’t be surprised about. But hey, apparently almost all the reluctant taste testers really enjoyed this packet of hand cooked crisps. The crisps themselves were fine with a nice crunch, but honestly I thought the ketchup flavour was much too sharp.

 Hmmn.... I think in the long run I'd far rather have the actual sausage with (ordinary) ketchup thanks. I think the sausages and tomatoes shown on the packet would work well. Probably you all will side with the taste testers.

Ketchup falcon barbecue et porc it says in French. Which doesn't sound at all the same thing does it?

No comments :

Post a Comment