Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Arnott’s Shapes Originals Pizza Flavour

 


I think I have made a mistake. I shouldn’t have bought this packet of Pizza flavoured Shapes. Pizza is almost never a successful flavour for a crispy snack or a potato crisp. 

I suspect that many people think pizza flavour comes from the mix of tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. And they’re obviously important, but what about the wonderful flavour of just baked crust such as you find in the best Italian pizzerias? I have no truck with thick crust pie style pizza. It’s just not right. 

I think my very favourite pizza ever was in Milan. I have been to Naples, but only for about 20 minutes, and I was rather distracted having to fend off crowds of men whose only words in English appeared to be “do you want to go with me?”. They weren’t interested in me, but my companion was blonde and blue eyed and better endowed with curves than I was. So I didn’t actually get anything to eat in Naples, but the pizzeria we ate at in Milan is one of a chain that started in Naples.

Anyway, this little biscuitty snack tastes nothing much like pizza. There is a lot of seasoning mix on nearly all the biscuits, on top of a layer of grated cheese by the looks of things. The biscuit has a good bite, and eating them feels more like having a snack than scoffing down a packet of crisps. 

Not bad. Just not much like pizza. Ah well, you can’t have everything.




No comments :

Post a Comment