Thursday 5 March 2020

Les Recettes Belin Pita Crack’s Herbes de Provence & Huile d’Olive Vierge Extra

Ski Instructor and Tractor Fan Taste Testers drove down through France to stay with me and the Chef and brought this little packet of triangular pitta chips with them. Unfortunately, they managed to finish the whole packet before I got a look in. And threw the packet away before I had a chance to photograph it! However, luckily we have quite a clean bin, and it was easy to fish the packet out.

I didn’t have the chance to assess the crunch or the taste of these little crackers, but I can tell you the remaining dust and crumbs at the bottom of the bags smell pretty good. The herbes de Provence; rosemary, thyme, marjoram and savoury (also known as the herb of love apparently), probably made this rather a tasty snack.

The Chef tells me he managed to snaffle one and thought the taste was nice, but a bit herby for his taste, and the bite rather hard. 

Not sure that using extra virgin olive oil in the recipe would make a better cracker or pitta chip than the ordinary stuff. But who knows?

No comments :

Post a Comment