Sunday 8 March 2020

Carrefour Petites Crêpes Fourées Goût Bacon

Another own brand crispy snack from Carrefour, another French (slash Belgian) snack flavoured with bacon. Which is always a bit of a surprise. Yes, in case you hadn't noticed, bacon is apparently French for bacon. I have actually seen proper chefs talking about “le bacon” on French tv.

And there really is bacon in this tasty apéro snack so of course it’s not suitable for vegetarians. Although actually, the creamy bacony stuffing is a bit too tasty for me, but there you are. I’m not sure I like it that much.

And there’s another problem for me. I really don’t like this little miniature stuffed “crepe”. For some reason the shape disgusts me. Now, I’m sure this is just me being weird. But it does stop me feeling I can recommend them to you. Make no mistake; I thought the picture on the packet looked like a tasty snack. It’s just when I started to taste them. I think they’re too small. Too odd.

Carrefour Crêpettes Fourrage au Roquefort, is also a Carrefour own brand product as you can see, and looks very similar (but weirdly with a rather different name) and I have to admit I really couldn’t fancy the shape/size/style of that snack either.

Odd. And you know what? For the first time in a long time I didn’t want to finish the packet.

What a pity.

No comments :

Post a Comment