Thursday 6 February 2020

The Real McCoy's Chips Chip Shop Salt & Vinegar

Wow! these are vinegary. So vinegary that the taste gets into your nose.

The text on the packet tells us that shoppers have been flocking to local stores to get their hands on the latest full on Chip Shop experience - in a bag! Well, perhaps. But I'm not certain I'm going to flock anywhere.  This crispy snack is described as crinkled chips but they're not a crinkle cut crisp: they are obviously extruded from some fancy machine.

I quite like the look of the snack, but the flavour not so much. Apparently you can get them in Sea Salt and Curry Sauce flavours. Hmmn.. the Sea Salt might be OK. Not so keen to try the Curry Sauce.

I'm not a regular visitor to chip shops. I had some nice chips from a place in Cirencester a million years ago and was very unwell after eating them so ... well, obviously that doesn't encourage you to go back. Plus I don't eat fish and I wasn't brought up to eat a thing called a saveloy. I'm not even sure we have a local chip shop round here.

I'm not sure I'm going to recommend this crispy snack. Not nasty, but not to my personal taste. If you like the look of it, give it a try. You might think I a quite wrong. Let me know.

No comments :

Post a Comment