Wednesday 26 February 2020

So Chips la Fine Picarde Sel de Mer

OK, so here's a brand new (to us) brand of crisps from Picardie which is in northern France (so basically you can only buy them north of Reims) which I discovered at, you guessed, a motorway service station. Sadly I picked up a horrible throat bug in Switzerland (honestly, the first day, it looked as though I had developed mumps) so I wasn’t feeling much like shopping. Which was a shame as I only picked up one packet. Next time eh?

Délicieuses chips cuites au chaudron says the packet: kettle cooked to you and me. But definitely delicious.

This is a lovely old fashioned style of crisp. Fine cut, gentle flavour. Very nice. The Family Vegetarian, the Ski Instructor, the Chef, they all think this is a great crisp. Plus it works fabulously well with our favourite sour cream and chive dip. What could be better?

There are another couple of flavours, but I usually prefer the simple ones. If I see another packet we'll find out how they work.

No comments :

Post a Comment