Monday 8 April 2019

Eat Grub Delicious Insect Snacks Smoky BBQ Crunchy Roasted Crickets


I wasn't at work on my birthday; the Chef and I went out to lunch in the increasingly wonderful Kings Cross in North London. And while I was enjoying a birthday lunch, the reluctant taste testers purchased a delightful present for me. Yes, a BBQ flavour cricket snack.
Hmmn.... I'm not certain that I am ready for insect snacks. Yes, I know they are packed with protein, and yes, I know that people all around the world eat insects on a regular basis. But I'm not sure I can bring myself to be enthusiastic about eating something that isn't a mammal. I don't restrict myself to farm animals as I have eaten several sorts of deer, but I don't do fish or shellfish (or cephalopods). 

Or, apparently, insects.

Ooh dear. I thought this crispy snack smelled of fish food. And worse.. you know if you move something that's been on a shelf for too long, and you see a dead insect? I really couldn't stop myself thinking that's just what this snack looked like. 

So totally not for me. And I don't think for most of the reluctant taste testers. But apparently the boyfriend of taste tester from the New First (and what a nice boy he is) quite enjoyed this snack. And took the remains of the packet home with him.


No comments :

Post a Comment