Monday 5 February 2018

Walkers Oven Baked Fusions Spicy Tomato & Herb

I’ve seen this new crispy snack advertised, so when I spotted a packet naturally I picked them up.

Hmmm... the packet is very richly coloured which made me wonder if the flavour would be very strong. And indeed that is the case. I don’t know if that’s deliberate packaging design from Walkers but somehow it makes sense.

So strong, so herby, is the flavour that I didn’t really like these very much. And Tall taste tester commented adversely on the taste, so I thought that was that.

But no. Cliffs of Moher taste tester said she liked this crispy snack; Slightly Red Haired Bristolian did too; and Jam Maker taste tester was a big fan. Pizza Marguerita she said with enthusiasm. Well, it takes all tastes doesn’t it?

The packet tells me this is a light and crispy potato snack bursting with flavours: they got that right! The trouble is I don’t much care for crispy snacks made from potato flakes. Almost every time a proper potato crisp is better, and what is it with the weird hexagonal shape?

So not for me but I can point you in the direction of some keen fans.

No comments :

Post a Comment