Tuesday 7 March 2017

Seabrook Lattice Food Heroes Steak & Ale

And another packet of Seabrook crisps bought for the delectation and delight of the reluctant taste testers by Noble Friend. The Food Heroes in this case are Black Sheep brewery; a new brewery started by Paul Theakston using 6 generations of experience, and of course they are based in Yorkshire.

I liked these a whole lot better than the Chorizo crisps but honestly I am not completely convinced by this flavour. There is nothing the matter with it, but I couldn't pick the steak flavour, nor the ale flavour neither. Now Tech taste tester is a meaty crisp flavour fan but I'm not sure he was particularly impressed here. A shame because obviously someone has gone to the trouble of choosing a particular beer brand and creating a specific flavour. It isn't a nasty flavour, of course not, just not a flavour that encourages me to have another crisp or buy another packet.

Why are Seabrooks trying so hard to succeed with fancy flavours when they make the plain ones so brilliantly? I adore their sea salt flavour: a true great. It's on our list of favourites because we love it.  But this is ordinary.

No comments :

Post a Comment