Tuesday 29 January 2019

U Gaufrettes Fromage & Fines Herbes (footballs)

If you read this blog regularly you might have noticed I really love Cheese Footballs. Which you can only buy in the UK on the run up to Christmas.

So imagine how thrilled I was to find this little packet of gaufrettes in a U Supermarché not far from Reims in North East France. I thought gaufrette meant waffle but in this case it seems to mean the very same crispy crunchy coat you get with a cheese football. Not stuffed with yummy fake cheese but soft cheese and herbs, and onion, garlic, carrot, cabbage, and celery (why celery? luckily not enough to have an adverse effect). Actually, don’t read the list of ingredients. It can have quite an adverse effect on your enjoyment.

Rather tasty. Yum yum.

Interestingly, I learn from Cliffs of Moher taste tester that they don't have crispy snacks like this in Ireland. How do they cope?

Sadly I seem to have failed to photograph this snack. Although, it looked just like every other cheese football snack I've ever tried so...

No comments :

Post a Comment