Sunday 24 June 2018

M&S British Pork Hog Roast & Apple Hand Cooked Crisps

For some reason I thought the reluctant taste testers and I had tried this crisp before: but apparently not. I guess I just imagined it.

So. So what did the taste testers have to say? It’s always a bit of an issue when we try complicated flavour crisps because quite often the actual taste is not very like what’s printed on the packet. Call us all picky if you like, but most of us like more simple flavours.

Anyway, well... the “pork hog roast” flavour was a bit hard to pick. I have never actually been to a hog roast but obviously I’ve had roast pork. I could just detect the roast pork if I concentrated hard but none of us felt it was an easy flavour to recognise. And unfortunately the fugitive pork flavour is quite overpowered by the apple. And in case you were wondering, there is real pork in the flavour dust on this crisp.

But oh dear. The apple flavour has that sinister fizzy character the reluctant taste testers liked so little in the Christmas prosecco flavours. As Tall taste tester put it, the apple is too overpowering. And to that I add weirdly fizzy.

No comments :

Post a Comment