Tuesday 4 March 2014

Tyrrell's Hand Cooked English Crisps Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar

These Hand Cooked English Crisps from Tyrrell's are a very gentle variant on the usual salt & vinegar. It's not a bad taste; the cider vinegar gives a much softer flavour than malt vinegar which can sometimes give a very harsh flavour. No surprise perhaps, but it makes a bigger difference than you might suppose.

The crisps have quite a hard crunch; harder, say than your average M&S hand cooked crisp. And the potato skin is very obvious which is a nice detail. I don't know though. I'm not very excited about these perfectly inoffensive crisps and I can't work out why. I don't know what it is but I cannot summon up any enthusiasm. Very sorry Tyrrell's.

The most exciting thing about Tyrrell's crisps is the packaging. They have a very nice selection of black and white photographs and encourage their audience to submit silly captions. If you fancy entering their caption competition you can do so here.

Tyrrell's are currently running a competition. This bag offered me the opportunity to win my own theme tune. Or £25,000. Needless to say, I won neither!



No comments :

Post a Comment