Wednesday 15 February 2023

Peter's Yard West Country Sour Cream & Chive Sourdough Bites

 

So the (now ex) Ski Instructor taste tester and the Farmer's Daughter visited somewhere or other in the West Country (which for those of you who don't live in the UK can mean Gloucestershire or Wiltshire or Somerset. or maybe Devon or Cornwall, sometimes Dorset), and very sweetly picked up some packets of crisps as a birthday present for me.

it is a little unfortunate that all three packets are sourdough bites rather than potato crisps, but don't lets look a gift horse in the mouth. 

I thought this flavour a little thin. The sour cream and chive is pleasant enough, but not nearly enough to  battle past the somewhat thuggish nature of the sourdough base. That's a pity.  And the bite is rather dull for my taste. I really would have liked a a crisper snap.

Not nasty, not horrible. But not really my thing.

Still, two more flavours to try.

Made in Shropshire, which although it is in the west of England is not the West Country. And not quite far enough north to qualify as the North West. Perhaps you'd call Shropshire 'The Welsh Marches'? which somehow doesn't sound like a good marketing ploy. 

Well, anyway, you might like these sourdough bites. Everyone has a different idea of delicious. I think the Chef liked them better than I did but I know he prefers his crisps to be made of potatoes.



 

No comments :

Post a Comment