Saturday 15 December 2018

Well and Truly Crunchy Really Cheesy Corn Based Snacks

Where did I pick up this packet of Well & Truly crispy snacks? Oh yes, I remember, a swanky deli in Hampstead.

I had high hopes.

But. Just like one of those people on Escape to the Country who quite liked the house, there’s always a but. And I think mine is that I really prefer the cheap, the ordinary, the mass produced when it comes to crispy snacks. OK that’s excluding the fabulous ROKA Cheese Crispies which have never been cheap and I’ve loved them since I was 4 (You can see my thoughts on Cheese Crispies in the sidebar).

All natural ingredients, gluten free, 40% less fat than average cheese crisps says the packet. #haveitall. Better in every sense. We’re about positivity, not prohibition! Say no to sad snacks. Choose real snack satisfaction. Big on flavour. Colossal on crunch. Less fat. Vegetarian. No added sugar. GM free. And other positive stuff.

Except this isn’t a very cheesy snack. The crunch isn’t particularly crunchy and the cheesy flavour isn’t particularly cheesy. And the reluctant taste testers were no more impressed than I was.

Here’s the thing. The packaging comes across all English looking, but this crispy snack is made in Italy. Which could be the problem. Because almost all Italian crisps and crispy snacks we’ve tried had a whole lot less flavour than British snacks and crisps. I don't know why but it is so.

No comments :

Post a Comment