Tuesday 7 November 2017

Ardens Melts Cream Cheese & Spring Onion

You know those savoury little choux pastry buns that you get at fancy parties? These crispy bites are a little bit like that, with a real taste of choux pastry even though that's not crispy.

The filling is a wonderfully soft squidgy mix of cream cheese and not too much spring onion. Which can be a bit harsh. You could shove a whole one into your mouth without taking a bite at all, but I thought two bites was more ladylike. Still, I could probably manage not to drop too manycrumbs down my front.

I really enjoyed these and probably are more than my fair share. I discovered Tech taste tester has invested in a packet (currently they're on special at Waitrose) and was tucking in. He told me, somewhat dubiously I thought, that he was still eating them so he must like them.

Now, I did enjoy this crispy snack but I didn't manage to work out which bit was the melt.

Very nice.

No comments :

Post a Comment