Thursday 30 November 2017

Ardens Bites Goats Cheese & Black Pepper

Wow! Pepper pepper pepper. Very peppery indeed. I suppose because everything is chock full of chilli these days, people tend to forget that plain old fashioned  black pepper is really quite hot too, very hot if you use enough. White pepper too.

I was interested to try a goats cheese flavoured crispy snack, but I think I'm going to be disappointed. I don't think I can taste any goats cheese. And interestingly mystery "cheeses" are on the list of ingredients before goats cheese. There's also dried lovage which is unusual (and lucky thing I didn't know before I ate them because lovage tastes of celery and I don't eat celery), and poppy seed (scattered on the top), plus some ingredients I'd sooner not see like glucose syrup and palm oil.

Oven baked pastry nibbles; a lovely crunchy crispy snack with hardly any breakages. Very nice. But undeniably peppery.

Although you do get used to the pepper, the more you eat the less the pepperiness. Nice though. The Chef and I ate them all between us. The reluctant taste testers didn't get a look in.

No comments :

Post a Comment