Monday 18 November 2019

Alka Elephant Squeezed Pretzels with Salt

Here’s a very nice pretzelly snack which I found (you guessed) at a French motorway service station. Really, I feel that almost anybody should factor in a visit to a French service station as part of their holiday: you never know what you’re going to discover. I usually only mention crispy snacks here, but you can find fabulous tins (really nice tins if like me you are a tin fan) of biscuits, interesting wines, great guide books (albeit in French but that doesn’t bother us), good nougat and so much more.

Anyway, I don’t have everyday access to the reluctant taste testers these days (because I stopped working and they haven’t), so I tried these Pretzel snacks on the Ski Instructor and brand new taste tester: Tractor Fan. I wasn’t at all sure about this because the Ski Instructor historically hasn’t seemed really that interested in crispy snacks, and I really don’t know Tractor Fan that well. But not to worry, because Tractor Fan snacked in enthusiastically, as did the Chef. I ate quite a few myself but definitely came in third on the snacking front.

I think that these flat (yes, squeezed by elephants) Pretzels worked really well. A nicely subtle pretzel flavour and a light bite which I appreciate. Although it does make crispy snacks easier to eat and should therefore be classed as a bad thing. Well, that’s a pity.

There are other flavours available in the UK, and possibly elsewhere,  and I have a packet of pizza flavour tucked away for future reference.

No comments :

Post a Comment