Wednesday 20 December 2017

Tesco Finest Gouda & Edam Crispies


When I went to Tesco the other day I could not resist picking up this little cardboard box of Gouda & Edam  Crispies. It is pretty obvious to me that this is a blatant copy of the totally fabulous ROKA Cheese Crispies from the Netherlands.

Now I am completely addicted to the utterly fabulous ROKA Cheese Crispies; my very favourite crispy snack in the universe (EVER), and the very first I can remember eating. There, are I know, photographs of me eating very fine cut potato chips (we called them chipples) aged about 3. But you can't see them because (a) I don't actually remember the incident, (b) I was a fat little girl and the photographs aren't flattering, but (c) I do remember eating ROKA Cheese Crispies when I was 4.
Anyway, I was interested to see how Tesco got on.  Pretty good. The packaging isn't as good as it might be but this is a sturdier snack than the one it strikes to emulate.

Not really a crispie (don't think rice crispy because that's quite a different thing) but nonetheless this is a very nice crispy snack. Cheesy, tasty. Definitely worth the try.

No comments :

Post a Comment