Tuesday 22 August 2017

Torres Selecta Extra Virgin Olive Oil

This is a bit of a turn up. I never saw a non-M&S crisp or crispy snack or bag of popcorn in Marks & Spencer before today. But lo! Here we are with this wondrous packet of Spanish crisps on the top shelf of one of the four shelves of crisps in my local M&S.
The reluctant taste testers and I tried a packet of Torre crisps before: truffle flavour. I thought they tasted disgusting! Possibly because I really don't like truffle as a flavour. Most of the taste testers don't like truffle either:so not a success.

But I did think the crisps themselves were lovely. A beautiful golden colour. Very handsome indeed. And this olive oil flavoured crisp is just as lovely to look at. And luckily the flavour is lovely too: not so much olive oil, more a very pleasant simple saltiness.

It's one of those crisps that don't taste of very much - but are all the better for it.

Tech taste tester was pleased to approve as were Tall and Tall Elegant taste tester. I liked them a lot and I'm sure the Chef will too.

I noticed that M&S are selling the truffle flavour. And.... guess what? Caviar flavour crisps. Caviar! Whatever next? I can't believe they'll be nice but I think we have to try. Don't you?

No comments :

Post a Comment